Well it's that time of year again, Knoxville PrideFest 2014 is happening on June 21st from 1-8pm and we want to invite you back for this year's festival!
We're really excited about the festival this year, the move to World's Fair Park was a huge change last year and we learned a lot, but we think it was great success and we're looking forward to making 2014 even better. If you've already singed up, GREAT! and I look forward to seeing you in June. If you haven't head on over to www.knoxvillepridefest.com to sign up (look for the Vendor Registration 2014 page) or give me a call or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-300-5274. If you prefer, I've attached the paper copy of the form to this email, but please note that our mailing address has changed.
IMPORTANT! If you want to have a page in the book, the deadline to have you add submitted is March 31st! Contact Todd at email@example.com for details.
As I mentioned we're staying at the World's Fair Park Festival Lawn this year, but we're making a few adjustments:
Timing: The biggest change in timing is that we're ending an hour earlier (8pm). Due to the low lighting at the Park after sunset, and after getting feedback from the community we decided to cut off the last hour. So here are the revised times:
- Setup will be from 9am - 11am June 21st.
- If you have a complex or lengthy setup\teardown, please contact me to discuss your options.
- All vehicles must be off the lawn by 11:15am!!
- Vehicles will only be permitted on the designated, reinforced, sections of the lawn.
- The parade will kickoff at noon.
- The festival will run from 1 - 8pm. (it ran till 9 last year)
- Teardown will start at 8:15 and vehicles will be allowed to pull on to the lawn.
Power: (in several voltages\amp combinations) is available on the lawn. Standard 110v power points will be spread around the lawn, but you will need to bring a LONG (100 ft) extension cord to guarantee that you'll be able to reach the closest power point. Please keep in mind that the lawn could be wet\damp and plan for safety accordingly. If you require more 240v or more than 10 amps of 110v power be sure to contact me so we can position you near an appropriate power point.
Water: Potable water will be available in a few locations around the lawn, if you need a continuous freshwater supply you must let me know so we can position your booth correctly. You will need to provide enough hose to reach from your booth location to the nearest water valve. We'll also have at least one with a spigot to use for filling coolers etc.
- Any vendor, not just food vendors, may give away (but not sell) any brand of bottled water. Food vendors may sell water, but it must be a Coca-Cola brand (Dasani or Smartwater). Only food vendors may offer non-water beverages.
- Storing or dumping ice on the grass is prohibited! Please dump ice on drainage grates or paved areas after the festival is over.
Load In: Again, starting at 9:00 vendors will be permitted to move into their booths. Vehicles will be allowed to pull onto the reinforced south end of lawn, but the City prefers that they not pull up onto the rest of the lawn, especially if it’s been raining. Please plan accordingly. If you are a food vendor with a truck or trailer we can discuss the options.
- All vehicles must be off the lawn by 11:15 and will not be permitted back on the lawn until 8:15. Please plan accordingly to have enough people \ carts \ etc to be able to effectively move you items from the designated loading areas, across the grass to you booth.
- At no time can a vehicle block any road! KPD has little tolerance for this, and PrideFest is not responsible for the resulting consequences. You have been warned.
Load Out: Vendors are encouraged to stay for the entire festival, but if you need to leave early, please keep in mind that we can not allow vehicles onto the lawn while we have guests, it’s just not safe. Once the crowds thin around 8:15 we’ll allow vehicles to pull onto the reinforced area to load, but again they will not be allowed to pull up onto the rest of the lawn. Again, DO NOT DUMP ICE on the grass (the ice may kill the grass), it should be dumped on storm drains or pavement.
Food Vendors: This will be a great opportunity for food vendors and we've made one big change: ETEC will not be selling soda products this year so food vendors are welcome to do so.
- Coca-Cola will continue to sponsor PrideFest so all beverage products must be from the Coke family of brands.
- ETEC will exclusively be selling beer, wine and liquor.
- Food vendors may sell bottled water, but it must be from the Coke family (Dasani or Smartwater). Please note however that other vendors may be giving water away while their supplies last.
- Please keep in mind that there are City and PBA regulations that must be accommodated (especially if you will be cooking food) to protect the park itself and keep everyone safe.
- If you are cooking (anything) you must have a working fire extinguisher. The fire marshal will be on site to ensure compliance.
- No not store food containers (including plastic ones) directly on the grass. Use a pallet or crate (soda crates are popular) to elevate your containers.
- If you are not cooking in a truck\trailer you must have an absorbent mat under the cooking equipment to protect the grass. The material is available from PBA but we need to know how much you need before the 21st.
- You must not dump anything hot or frozen directly on the grass, this includes: oil, ashes, ice, etc..
- If you have a truck or trailer that you vend from we’ll need to discuss your requirements so we can work you into the layout.
Costs: The good news is that the fee for a standard vendor hasn't changed! Some small tweaks were made to the sponsorship levels, see the attached form for details.
We strive to keep your costs low and primarily covers the rental costs for equipment. Your fee gets you a 10×10 covered booth space with one 6' table and 2 folding chairs. If you have special needs for your area, prefer to use your own tent, or don’t want one at all, please make sure you contact me to discuss your options. Please note however, that use of your own tent (or none at all) does not reduce the vendor fee.Cancellations after June 1st are non-refundable.
- For Profit: $175
- Non-Profit: $75
- Food Vendor: $250 (Power, water, etc may be an additional charge in heavy use cases)
- Food Vendors who participate in Eat Out With Pride receive a $100 discount.
Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you this year at Pride!